- What is the outcome of Core Training?
- Who is Core Training for?
- What is covered in the training?
- What is the format of Core Training?
- Does it replace anything?
- How would my new staff person become enrolled in Core?
- How long will each course take?
- When can my new staff person get started, and when should they complete it?
What is the outcome of Core Training? #
We want to see our new Navigator staff be healthy in soul, equipped for the work, and hopeful for the future.
Who is Core Training for? #
The training is designed for new U.S. Navigators Field staff, Staff in Training, and Associate staff hired on or
after May 12, 2021*—but is available to anyone on staff.
What is covered in the training? #
● Five Traits of a Disciplemaker
● Navigators 101 (historical tools, Core Values, etc.)
● A lead-in to further development
What is the format of Core Training? #
The six training courses will be available online.
Does it replace anything? #
No, our goal is to launch new staff in preparation for ministry and provide a consistent understanding of The
Navigators to new staff throughout the organization. This is a complement to the contextualized, in-person
training staff receive from their Missions.
How would my new staff person become enrolled in Core? #
We will enroll new staff in the initial stages of rollout* with the intent to have an auto-enroll feature beginning in
How long will each course take? #
Completing the online content for six courses could be as short as a half-day per week for six months, or it may
be extended over the first two years on staff. One course takes no more than eight hours.
When can my new staff person get started, and when should they complete it? #
Right now! If a new staff person is not auto enrolled or enrolled, email us. They will be expected to complete
Core within the first two years on staff, unless given written exception from their supervisor or Mission.
*Collegiate EDGErs will begin using Core with the EDGE class of 2023.
Contact Osaze Murray for questions