- What is the outcome of Supervision Training?
- Who is Supervision Training for?
- What has changed since 2017?
- What if I already went through one of the in-person trainings?
- What is included in Supervision Training?
- How long will each course take?
- When can I get started?
- How do I enroll?
- How much does it cost?
- What is the prep work?
- TDC recommends:
- How can TDC Help with This Training?
What is the outcome of Supervision Training? #
We want to see Navigator supervisors be healthy in soul, equipped for the work, and hopeful for the future.
Who is Supervision Training for? #
- All current and first-time U.S. Field Supervisors
- The training is designed for US field staff but available to anyone.
- We define supervisor as someone who has at least one direct report or leadership over a project, group or team.
What has changed since 2017? #
- The curriculum of the training has changed to be hosted entirely online, but will be even more effective by incorporating communal learning and processing with teams.
- We have incorporated feedback from the surveys of the four in-person trainings. The content has been updated to align with our National Strategy and Desired Culture. The material has gone through a cross-cultural review process. We have included an emphasis on coaching skills and share multiple approaches to the content. We have also diversified the presenters and storytellers with over fifty people from every Mission and Network represented.
What if I already went through one of the in-person trainings? #
- We would like every supervisor to enroll in the updated content for three reasons. 1). You can see the content that others you lead will experience. 2). If you scroll through the content, this will update your Staff Training Report to reflect that you completed Supervision Training. 3) Course 3 is new to the training and is essential for advancing our Calling and new national strategy.
What is included in Supervision Training? #
Supervision Training includes six online courses including Bible studies, scenarios, teaching videos, articles,
personal reflection and stories from Navigators. We are also providing HR administrative resources to help you
in the role of a Navigator supervisor.
- The Heart of Supervision
- Supervising with Emotional Intelligence
- Supervising Toward Blessing, Justice and Righteousness
- Depth and Span of Supervision
- Supervising with a Developmental Bias
- Delegation and Feedback in Supervision
How long will each course take? #
Completing the online content for each course should take around four hours. We also recommend a one-hour
discussion for each course.
When can I get started? #
Right now! You can talk with your mission or city leadership to discuss the plan.
How do I enroll? #
You can enroll in Supervision Training using the instructions below:
- Log in to NavOffice (https://navoffice.navigators.org/)
- Select the LearnUpon button. If prompted to login, your Single Sign-On information is always the
same for Nav Office and for LearnUpon.
- You can find the Supervision Training courses in two ways. In the Search button, type in
“Supervision Training.” You should see the Learning Path titled “Supervision Training” appear in the
search results, and you can enroll yourself in the Learning Path by clicking the “enroll”
button. Alternatively, this link should take you directly to the Learning Path to enroll:
- The first course is titled: TDC:ST-101: Heart of Supervision. Enrolling will start you in course 101,
and you will be automatically enrolled in the subsequent courses in the Learning Path (6 total) upon
the completion of the previous course. You can find more information in the Learner Guide here:
- Please contact Staff.Services@navigators.org if you have any questions
How much does it cost? #
The only cost associated with the training is purchasing one book:
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader, Peter Scazzero ($25 on Amazon)
What is the prep work? #
- Purchase the accompanying book, enroll in LearnUpon, and email TDC@navigators.org for info about a free Navigator journal to record your Supervision Training journey reflections. This could help as you share with others.
TDC recommends: #
- All first-time supervisors should take the training.
- Because we long to see all Navigators flourish and thrive, all supervisors should take Course 3: Supervising Toward Blessing, Justice and Righteousness. We hope this course will help equip all of us for creating team environments that increasingly reflect the whole Kingdom.
- We recommend supervisors going through the training with those they supervise who are also supervisors. (e.g., a Regional Leader going through the training with direct reports who also supervise people)
- We recommend discussion groups to dialogue about the topics. Discussion guides are presented for
- each course.
How can TDC Help with This Training? #
The training curriculum will include discussion guides and ideas for facilitation. TDC also has coaches available
if any supervisors would like to have a coach who walks through the training with them. This may be especially
helpful for first-time supervisors.